Virtual Class & Class Materials
The Virtual Class feature allows gives you the ability to add either a link or class id and password to the online teaching service of your choice to each individual class. This allows parents to access the virtual class from their parent account. Additionally, you are able to email the virtual class info from the class screen and the parent will be directed to that page in the parent app after they log in.
*Note: If you do not see the option for the virtual class link, then you will need to switch to the newer, mobile-friendly parent portal.
Adding a Virtual Class:
- Navigate to the class information screen.
- Scroll to the Virtual Class Settings section.
- Click the Enabled button.
- Choose Single or Multiple Meeting Dates.**
- If you chose multiple dates, use the calendar to select the week of the meeting.
- Choose the Zoom meeting to enter a meeting id or web link.
- Enter the class id/password or paste the link from your online teaching service into the meeting day.
- If you’d like the parent to pay for a class before attending, enter a tuition amount.
- Enter a description.*
- Click Save.
- Click Send Notifications to notify your parents of the virtual class.
Once you’ve set up and saved your virtual class, use the “send notification” link to email an invite your class quickly.
* If you are using a link and have password protected the class, we recommend that you do, use the description field to share the password.
**If you’re using a link to the class and set it up as a recurring meeting through your service, choose Single Meeting.
Accessing the Online Class from the Parent Portal:
- Log into your parent account.
- Click on the student.
- Click on the Classes tab.
- Click the button on the right to access the Online Class.
- Use the calendar field to choose the day of the class meeting.
- If you set a tuition amount, the parent is prompted to pay before accessing the class link.
*Note: If you do not see the option for the virtual class link then you will need to switch to the newer, mobile-friendly parent portal.
You may now upload files or share links with your class materials so that parents can access these materials through their parent login. Class Materials can be written instructions, video of your routings, or even recital music.
Sharing Class Materials
- Scroll to the bottom of the class info screen.
- Click Class Materials to expand the section.
- Click the +Material button to add.
- Enter a title and choose your settings.
- Add your link or upload your file.
- Enter a description.
- Click Save.
Note: Uploading files should be reserved for smaller, text type files. To share music or videos, we recommend uploading those files to an outside service, such as mediazilla or dropbox, that will provide you with a sharable link that can be added to Akada. For music, you may use the links from music streaming services like Spotify or iTunes.