Akada enables you to send emails to parents, students, or staff. Additionally, you can email a class, a specific group of classes, or group codes. Emails can be sent using the main studio email address or from your user email address. You can email receipts, statements, confirmations, as well as several other reports. We’ll talk more about emailing those things in other articles. Here we will discuss sending a typical mass email.
- From the home page “email” from the middle of the screen.
- Choose which address to send your email from by click “school” or “user” at the top of the page.
- To select recipients, click the Bcc* button or the “select recipients” link at the top.
- On the Select Recipients screen, select who the email is going to (accounts, students, classes, etc.)
- Select the status of the recipients (active, inactive, both, prospects, etc.)
- Choose a Last Name filter if you desire.
- Click Search, and the Search Results Screen will load.
- From this choose who will be receiving the email (you can select all using the blue link on the left of the screen).**
- When emailing accounts, you can click the pink buttons to include parent 1, 2, or both.
- Click Add Recipients.
- This will prompt a pop-up confirming the number of recipients and total emails.
- Close the pop-up and click the Return to Message button to prepare your email.
- Once you’re back on the send email screen, if you wish to add more recipients (students or staff, for example), repeat the steps above.
*We strongly encourage sending group emails as Blind Courtesy Copies to protect the security of your customers’ email addresses.
**To choose only specific recipients from the list click to highlight the first recipient. Then press and hold your Control key (command key for Mac users). While holding the control key, click on the other recipients you wish to include.
Attaching a File:
- From the send email screen, click the attach file button at the bottom of the screen.
- From the following pop-up, click the choose file button.
- Find the attachment from your computer and click open.
- Click the Attach File button.
Save for Later – When typing an email that you regularly send (an answer to common questions, for example), you can save that email in your Akada database to use in the future. Enter the subject line and your email message and then click the “Save email” button at the bottom of the screen. The email title will match the subject line.
Load Saved Email – To retrieve a previously saved email, click the “Load Saved Email” button. It will load the title of the email as the subject line and the text into the body field.
Add Signature – On your email setup page, you may create an email signature for each user. To add that signature to an email, click the Add Signature button at the top of the screen.