The school defaults page allows you to create some basic default settings for you studio. Setting up the defaults the way you want them makes many of the day to day functions work much more smoothly. You can always override the defaults for those special situations.
To Access the School Defaults page:
- Select the DanceWorks Online main menu.
- Select Admin.
- Select Settings.
- Select School Default.
Registration Charge Default:
The registration charge default allows you to set up your registration fee based on the number of active students on the account. Simply enter the amount that the student should be charged. In the example above, the fee is $25 for the first student and $15 for the second. Hence, the total registration fee for 2 active students would be $40.
Tuition Discount Method:
Here you’re able to setup a tuition discount method as a percentage or as a dollar amount. This discount will be enabled when the Student Discount Box on the Student Tuition page is checked.
Late Fee Method:
This tool allows you to create a default late fee as a dollar amount or as a percentage.
Display Account/Student Totals:
At the bottom of the Account and Student Lists you’ll see a total number. This function gives you the ability to hide those totals by simply checking the box.
The statement type defaults allow you to choose the types of transactions that will appear on your customer’s statements. You have the option to include All Charges and Payments, Open Charges & Payments, or simply Open Charges.
An open charge or payment is one that has a balance.
This option allows you set the default format in which your customer’s statements will appear.
- Running Balance provides you with the amount of the transaction as well as a running account balance for each transaction.
- Item balance format provides you with the individual transaction amount, the running account balance but will also include the balance on each transaction.
Tip: Some studios prefer the Item Balance format but most studios we talk to use the Running Balance.
You also have the option to default the statements to include the student names by checking the box.
Receipt Printing Options:
The receipt defaults help to cut down on the clicks required when either emailing or printing receipts. If your studio typically emails receipts, setting this up will cut down on the number of clicks required to do that. Same with printing.
To Set Receipt Default:
- Click the Print or Email button to choose your default.
- Set your printer type for those times when you do wish to print a receipt (80 column is standard 8×11 paper, 40 column is the spool receipt size).
- Note: is a simple message that will appear at the bottom of a printed receipts.
- Payment Terms: will also appear on printed receipts.
- Email Subject: will be the default subject line of emails receipts.
- Email message: will be the default body of the email when emailing receipts. This can be overridden when emailing individual receipts.
Email Merge Tags:
Email merge tags allow you to automatically format certain specific pieces of information into an email or email subject line. So if you’d like your receipt email to start with your customer’s first name, you would type [account-first-name] at the beginning of your email message. Above is a list of the merge tags that are available to use on receipt emails. You can access this window by clicking on the located to the right of the Email Message header.