Saving a Credit Card to an Account
Once you have setup an account with Powerpay you will have the ability to save a credit card to your customer’s accounts. The saved cards can be used for recurring billing or to make it easier if a customer likes to call each month and pay over the phone.
To Save a Credit Card:
- From the account information page scroll down and click Add Credit Card.
- Enter the card number and expiration date.
- The card type will be assigned based on the number entered.
- If using a card reader, check the box labeled swipe credit card and then slide the card through the reader.
- Verify the name and address match the billing information from the credit card.
- If the customer is signing up for recurring billing check the box and assign to the appropriate group.
- Click Save Changes.
- You should now see the card type, last 4 digits of the card and expiration (seen below).
Managing Saved Credit Cards:
Enter New Card – Use this opiton when a customer wants to change their credit card on file or they are updating a card that is expiring. PCI regulations stipulate that when a customer’s credit card expires the entire card number must be re-entered.
Edit Recurring Billing – This option allows you the change the recurring billing status or group of the credit card on file.
Clear Card – Use this tool to delete the customer’s credit card from their record.
Note: If a customer’s credit card has been declined or expired you may require them to enter a new the next time they access their parent account by checking the box on the left side of the CC information section.