Recitals – Scheduling a Recital
Once you have added a recital to your current recitals list you are ready to start adding classes and songs to the schedule.
To Schedule a Recital:
- From the Current Recitals page click View next to the recital that you want to schedule.
- You will be directed to the recital schedule page where you will see a list of your available classes seen above.
- To add a song to the recital schedule click on and drag the class to the Scheduled Classes section at the bottom (pictured below). You may also click the Add to Recital button to the right of the class name.
- To change the recital order simply click and hold your mouse on the name of the class and drag it where you want it in the schedule. You may also use the move up/down buttons located to the left of the song.
- When you have completed your schedule click the Save Changes button located above the scheduled classes.
Managing the Recital Schedule:
Remove From Recital – Use this option to remove a class/song from the recital entirely. The class will then appear in your available classes list.
Edit Song – This function allows you to make changes to the song title and length.
View Students – Use this button to view a list of students participating in the recital from the class.
Add Songs for All Classes – For a class to appear in the available classes list it must have a song title assigned to it. By default, DanceWorks Online assigns the title S1 to all new classes that are created. However, these titles are often cleared by the studio. The Add Songs for All Classes button (seen in image 2) allows you to assign a generic place holder title to all classes so that they appear in the available classes list.
Costume Change Criteria:
The costume change criteria allows you determine the minimum number of songs needed for a performer to change costumes between their dances. This function will then test your recital schedule and then tell you which students do not have enough have minimum number needed between routines.
- From the recital schedule page scroll to the bottom.
- Use the drop down to enter the minimum number of songs between performances.
- Click Test Schedule.
- A .PDF will be downloaded providing a list of students with conflicts and which classes/numbers are in conflict.
- Reorder your recital schedule to eliminate any conflicts.
- Test the schedule again.
Note: It may take several attempts at rescheduling the recital to eliminate all conflicts.