Setting Up and Managing Costumes
Akada’s costume management function will allow you to manage all aspects of the costume ordering process. From managing vendors and posting costume charges to creating a purchase order to send to your vendor, Akada can do it all. Taking a few extra minutes to understand the steps and setup your vendors and costumes correctly can save you hours of time in the end and, more importantly, cut down on confusion with your customers.
Once on the Manage Costumes screen the best practice is to follow the steps from left to right across the screen. Below, you can read a summary of each step. Click on the step name and you’ll find complete instructions.
To get to the Manage Costume page:
- Click on the Performances Tab.
- Click Manage Costumes on the left.
- This will automatically direct you to the Vendors screen.
- Vendors – You will use this option to add your vendors information including their size chart. The vendors will be the companies you are ordering your costumes from.
- Add/Edit Costume – After you have entered your vendor you will use this option to add the costumes or accessories that you plan to order from the vendor.
- Entering Measurements – You will use this screen to enter or view your student’s measurements by class. Measurements may also be entered from the class info page or from the individual student’s information page.
- Assign Costumes– This page will allow you to assign costumes to an entire class or to specific students enrolled in that class.
- Edit Sizes – When assigning costumes DanceWorks will automatically assign the students the appropriate size based on the vendor’s size chart. Some students, however, don’t always fit perfectly into a size category. In these cases you can use the Edit Sizes screen to manually edit those in between kids to get them the best fitting costume.
- Post Costume Charges – Here you’ll be able to post the charges for costumes to your accounts. You may post the Charges by costume, by vendor, or by class.
- Reports – Here you will find all of the reports that you may need to run to help you manage your costumes.