I am almost at my maximum number of students. How can I easily reduce the number of students I have?
Akada Online calculates your total number of students based on the number of active and inactive students in your database. If you’re getting close to your maximum number and don’t want to increase that then the best thing to do is to permanently delete inactive students.
To Clear Inactive Students:
- Click the 3 lines in the upper left corner of Akada Online.
- Select the arrow beside Admin.
- Select Clear School Data.
- Under the Delete Students section check the box “Permanently delete students deactivated prior to the inactive date shown”.
- Enter the date that you want to use.
- The number of accounts and students to be removed will update based on the dates you’ve entered.
- Click the Clear Selected button at the bottom of the screen.
- Enter your Akada Online login password to verify the request.
Set Inactive Accounts to Delete Status and Permanently Delete Students Prior to: What this function does is strips any account that went inactive prior to the date you choose of less important information such as source codes, alert codes, or credit card information. It sets the account to a deleted status (think archived) and keeps the customer’s transaction history. The student is permanently deleted from the account thus reducing your maximum number of students.
Choosing a Date – When entering a date it is best to start with a date further back and working your way forward. For example, you may want to start with anyone who went inactive prior to the start of your fall season 2 years ago. If you feel that doesn’t remove enough students work your way forward.
Note: If reducing your number of students has put you in a lower pricing category for Akada Online be sure to contact us and we will gladly update your billing. The software does not automatically reduce your billing when deleting students. You are welcome to simply send us a message via the chat button in the lower right corner of Akada Software.