The Account Defaults page allows you to create some basic settings that will be commonly used on the parent’s account information page.
To Access the Account Defaults Page:
- Select the DanceWorks Online main menu in the top left corner of the program.
- Select Admin.
- Select Settings.
- Select Account Defaults.
New Account Default Values:
You can set a default city, state, zip code, and area code that will be used when creating a new account for a customer. This is simply a way to cut down on some data entry. In the example above any new account would automatically be set with the city & state Sarasota, Florida.
Note: The entries are simply defaults and can easily be changed when creating a new account.
Account Billing Frequency:
Account Billing Frequencies are nothing more than an easy way to set up a tuition charge schedule or payment plan. DanceWorks Online comes with 9 billing frequencies built into it. These frequencies can easily be changed to meet your studios need. When adding a new account to your database you will assign the appropriate billing frequency from the drop down menu on the right side of the page.
To Edit a Billing Frequency:
- From the Account Defaults page click to expand the Billing Frequencies Section.
- Click edit next to the billing frequency you want to change.
- Make any changes to the description.
- Change the multiplier*.
- Enter any discount as an amount or as a percentage.
- Check the box if you would like your customers to be able to choose this frequency when registering online.
- Click Save changes on the right.
The multiplier represents the number of billing periods within that frequency/payment plan. So, lets say that when you setup your tuition in DanceWorks Online that you entered everything as a monthly amount. Then the multiplier for your monthly billing frequency would be 1. Now lets say you want to give your parents the option to pay in full at the beginning of the year and receive a 5% discount. You would edit one of the billing frequencies and set the multiplier as the number of months in your school year, 10 in this case) and set the discount as 5%.
So, lets say a parent signs up their child whose tuition would be a $100 per month but they want to pay for the entire year up front. You would then assign the yearly billing frequency to their account. Then when you use the Tuition Charge button DanceWorks Online will automatically multiply the $100 monthly amount times 10 and deduct the 5% discount for you giving you a total yearly tuition charge of $950.
Account Alerts and Sources List:
Account Alerts are used for important reminders for people to notice when they look at a customer’s accounts. They can be used for anything that is important to your studio but common ones that we see are Cash Only, See Notes, Grandparent Pick-up. You will assign them to an account by choosing from the drop down menu on the right side of the account page.
To Add Account Alerts:
- From the account defaults page click to expand the Account Alerts List section.
- Enter the alert in the Add Alert field.
- Check the box if you would like the alert to pop-up when opening the parent account.
- Click the Add link on the right.
Account Source is just an easy way of tracking how your customers heard about you. When a customer signs up you can ask how they heard about you and simply choose the way from the drop down menu on their account. This is particularly helpful if you’re doing any advertising. For example, if you’re doing a Groupon when the deal is expired you can run a report of your Source Codes to see how many clients you gained from the program.
To Add Sources:
- From the account defaults page click to expand the Account Source List section.
- Enter the source name in the Add Source field.
- Click the Add link on the right.